Last updated: 2nd, August 2021
At YEG Property Info, we take online privacy seriously and respect the concerns
of our visitors.
- The website www.YEG Property Info.com (the Site) is operated by Sunriff
Inc. (“we”, “us”, “our”), a company incorporated in Alberta, Canada.
- This policy was last updated on the date shown at the top. We may change this policy at any time by posting an updated version on the Site and will make reasonable efforts to bring any material changes to your attention. You may wish to check it before using the Site as any changes will be effective from the date that they are made.
2. CONTACT INFORMATION
- If you have any concerns or would like further information about our use of data or this policy in general, you can contact us.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- We collect, store and use the types of personal data set out in the table at the end of this policy. Information is also collected as indicated below:
- Information you choose to provide: We may collect personal information when you choose to provide it. For example, you may sign up for a newsletter or promotion and provide personal information such as your name, email address, or birth date.
- Information that is automatically collected when you visit YEG Property Info: When you visit our Site, YEGPropertyInfo.com and third-party partners may automatically collect certain data about your visit using various tools such as cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies. Information automatically collected when you visit the Site may include your IP address, information about your browser and settings, data about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, characteristics of your operating system, unique device identifiers, clickstream data (which shows the page-by-page path you take as you browse the Site). We or our third-party partners may combine information that each of us collects automatically with other information about you, including information you choose to provide.
4. HOW MAY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We may use your personal data for a variety of purposes, including the purposes listed here and set out in the table at the end of this policy.
- Respond to questions, comments, or inquiries we may receive and provide user support;
- Direct you to other webpages within the Site that may be of interest to you;
- Offer you services or products via marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- To deliver ads, content, or offers based on your online activities from us or third-parties;
- To improve our Site and business by enhancing the user experience by examining data analytics, assess the effectiveness of any advertising or marketing efforts;
- Safeguard to the best of our abilities against fraud, criminal activities, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with legal requirements and law enforcement requests.
5. HOW MAY WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- When we share personal data, we do so in accordance with PIPEDA. We may share certain personal data, where necessary, with employees, contractors, consultants or advisers, to facilitate sales and for general commercial purposes. In addition, where necessary, your personal data may be shared:
- If required so by law or legal process, government agencies, including to meet national security requirements.
- With affiliates for internal business purposes only;
- If a situation arises where disclosure is appropriate or necessary to prevent harm (physically or financially), or in connection with an investigation of suspected/actual criminal activity;
- To inform advertisers about the nature of the Site’s user base with regards to analytics and statistics;
- In the event of a sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets (including reorganizing, dissolving, or liquidating). In such a situation, we will aim to provide you with commercially reasonable notice (via email or notice on our Site) of any change in ownership, any incompatible uses of your information;
- We may also provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers. Before we do so we will make sure that it does not identify you; and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
6. THIRD PARTY LINKS
- This Site contains links to other websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for and do not review or endorse the privacy policies or practices of other sites which you choose to access from this Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other sites, so you can understand how they collect, use and share your personal information.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
- We respect your rights to privacy and will respond to requests for access or control over information about you in accordance with PIPEDA. We may require you to verify your identity before we take any action.
- Depending on the reason we have your personal data, you have a right to:
- Access the personal information we hold about you (commonly known as subject access);
- Request that we correct or complete personal information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request that we erase your personal information in some circumstances, or object to our processing it as detailed at paragraph 7.5;
- Restrict how we use your personal information, in certain circumstances;
- Request that we provide you with copies of your personal information in a machine-readable format or transfer it across different services; and
- Where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent.
- These rights are limited in some situations under PIPEDA – for example, where we can demonstrate that we are under a legal obligation to process your data.
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in paragraph 2 above.
- Your right to object
You have a right to object to our processing of your personal data and ask us to stop doing so. If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes (which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing) and you object to this, we will stop processing your personal data immediately.
If our processing of your personal data is in the public interest or pursuant to our legitimate interests and you object to this, we will stop processing your personal data unless we have compelling reasons which override your interests, or our use of your personal data is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We hope that we can satisfy any queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities (in Canada, the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada).You can call the Privacy Commissioner toll-free: 1-800-282-1376,or go to their website: https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/privacy-topics/privacy-laws-in-canada/the-privacy-act/ ).
8. DATA RETENTION
9. DATA SECURITY
- The sharing of information via the internet is unfortunately not completely secure. While we do our best and take reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
10. CHILDREN’S POLICY
- We take the privacy of minors seriously. While most of our services, and/or products may be deemed appropriate for minors, children under the age of 18 (or the age of majority in your jurisdiction) should be using this Site with the consent of a parent or guardian. Our Site does not participate in any marketing directives aimed at children under the age of 13, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from children. Minors should only send personal information with the consent of a parent or guardian.
11. FOR USERS OUTSIDE OF CANADA
- Our Site and associated computers are in Canada. We may use hosting servers that may use servers located outside Canada. All matters relating to this Site are subject to, and governed by the laws of Alberta, Canada.
- Your personal data may be transferred to affiliate partners or service providers outside of Canada. These countries may have varying levels of data security. We take great care in protecting your personal data and have put in place adequate measures to protect it when it is transferred internationally. Your personal data will be transferred in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
12. DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
- We process your personal data in accordance with the following principles:
- We process your personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- We collect your personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes; any further processing we do is compatible with the original purposes for which for which we collected it;
- We only process personal data which is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it is processed;
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal data is accurate and kept up to date where necessary;
- We do not store personal data in a form which identifies you for any longer than is necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- We process personal data securely and in a way that protects against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- When we ask for your personal data we will tell you whether you are required by law or contract to provide it, and what will happen if you do not provide the data.
- Any request for consent to the processing of your personal data will be made directly to you and will include information about why we require the personal data and what will be done with it.
13. WHAT IS OUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING?
- We will only process personal data when we have a lawful basis for doing that processing.
- The table at the end of this policy sets out the lawful basis we rely on for each type of data we process.
- We will choose one of the lawful bases in PIPEDA to justify how we use your personal data. These are:
- Accountability: We are accountable for personal information under our control.
- Identifying Purposes: We will do everything necessary to present the purpose of personal information collection at the time of collection.
- Consent: The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate. We abide by Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
- Limiting Collection: The collection of information is limited to only what is needed and done so in a fair and lawful manner.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: Personal information is only used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected. Personal information is only kept as long as required to serve those purposes.
- Accuracy: Personal information must be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as possible in order to properly satisfy the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards: Appropriate security is to be applied to personal information collected relative to the sensitivity of the information.
- Individual Access: Upon request, an individual may be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information and be given access to that information. An individual may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging Compliance: An individual may challenge our compliance with the above principals.